Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm going a little blogging crazy right now but...

I'm not a student in the class anymore (Assistant Teacher mannn haha) , but I still choose to do the same assignments that the students do. That's how much I LOVE THIS CLASS and what it stands for. How insane is it that the students of Theatre 196 get to be graded on doing things like free writing about what Hip Hop Is... ? It's a priviledge y'all. Like I said before... APPRECIATE IT because it's not often an opportunity like this comes around.

Hip Hip Is...

Not just a genre of music but a WAY OF LIFE
It's a culture, a religion, a STATE OF MIND
It's you and it's me,
Our heartbeats,
Our rhymes,
It's the generational song of my mother's time and mine
It's the symphonic melody that has the ability to unite our brothers of every different color
Hip Hop Is..
My eyes and my ears
Cuz I see it all around me, I can visualize it's beat
And hear it blastin' loud and proud up and down my streets
Hip Hop Is..
HOW I LIVE
So how you livin'?
Cuz I know how I am
I'm living life MY WAY
with NO apologies for how I behave and what I believe
I live life on my terms and follow my own doctrines and creeds
Hip Hop Is...
The definition of ME
and maybe you if and only if you're not afraid to be true.
I know what Hip Hop means to me,
so tell me, what does it mean to you?

I'm un-apologetically me...that's HIP HOP right there (lookin' extra heavy metal though lol- ahh the good ol' days)

No comments:

Post a Comment